The Loyal Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For members of our order and those who wish to learn more about being a monk, a knight, a lady or sister of shilah

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brother Bradley Avi

Brother Bradley Avi

May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage Empty
PostSubject: May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage   May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:17 am

Back in August 2009, I ran across this and some related web sites about becoming a knight within the Celtic Church of Yahweh. I and others submitted our names for consideration. I know I received a reply (email confirmation) , but others said they never did. I was told that some study material would come, but none has yet. My eldest son, Brother Josh age 16, was eager to get started. Finally, at the start of March, I wrot a letter to Brther Theo and Pastor Fears and told them that I have always thought they were on the right track, even if I haven't heard from them since that first e-mail. I also told them that we were going to continue as if we were authorized to train. Essentially, we would continue our study as Brothers and eventually would move on to the next stage, that of Squire.
Our role of brother has not ended, but we have added a new level of training and dedication. On May 31, my son and I will take a pilgrimage to an outdoor chapel (actually a Grotto). From our house it is just over 44kms. We will be dressed in rough robes that we sewed by hand. Armed wth only our walking sticks (we do have many wild animals in the area. We leave at 3:00am, and we think it will take about 8 1/2 hours to reach the Grotto. From there we will be joined by friends and family, and will state our intention to become Squires in pursuit of full knighthood.
Also as a note, on correspondence (e-mails, handwriting, facebook, etc.) we will add the post script "esq." to indicate to all our stage.
We also intend on issuing a press release about this so that the public is aware. You can also follow this progress on my related blog.
http://knightsofcanada.blogspot.com/
Until then...God's grace to you and yours, Brother Bradley Avi
Back to top Go down
Maria

PostSubject: Re: May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage   May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Wow, thanks for the update!

I had long forgotten about this place for the most part until today I ran across an old link and I decided to check on how things were going. To my surprise, all the links for the Celtic Church of Yahweh and Morgandy Shire had been removed - except for this forum and the main shire site!!! And here I see a recent update!
I'm glad people are carrying this on.

May I ask, do you know personally anyone involved with this project? I also sent only one email back in 2009 to the person who is responsible for all this (maily about the church and the intentional community). I only got a short email back and, to an extent, I'm still interested.

It's a shame there aren't too many of us (only about 10???). Although, I barely know about any of this myself. I do hope the leaders wille ventually pop in sometime and tell us what's going on!
Back to top Go down
Brother Bradley Avi

Brother Bradley Avi

PostSubject: Thanks for taking notice   May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:30 am

Thanks for taking notice of our adventure. My son and I were unable to do our pilgrimage as originally planned because it was pouring down rain that day and we decided to wait until it cleared. When it finally did let up, we wore our rough graments and took to the road. The long journey without the distractions of life allow a father to talk at length to his son about what it takes to be a man, and how we are striving for a higher calling then the mass of humanity. I think he understood. However, my son had injured his knee and we were only able to make it about 13kms (just over 8 miles). We will venture out there again and next time we will make it to the grotto. the location and the challange is noteable for us. It makes the adventure more enjoyable. I had my son and I get some photos in some new clothing, more suitable for Squires. If you check the blog, you can see some photos.

God's continued grace to you and yours, - Brother Bradley Avi

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage   May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage Empty

Back to top Go down

May 31, 2010 moving on to a new stage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Loyal Order :: Community :: News, Celebrations, and Events-
Jump to: